Executive Leadership Effectiveness Assessment
Public Energy Company
Why was I introduced?
The Board of this company was facing important operational and management changes and felt that an independent assessment of a key executive group would help the decision making process.
- A fresh view of the accomplishment of the team within the context of the company’s recent history provided a greater appreciation of the team’s potential by the Board
- A clear outline of challenges and opportunities helped the Board understand how to best leverage the current human resources and to provide complements to strengthen the team
- The team’s involvement in the process led to a greater appreciation by the team of the Board’s task and actions
- The assessment lead to a strategic planning process and a team building process that was welcome by all players
- The team achieved a more thorough understanding of the Company vision and the role that they might play in pursuing it
- The team learned new tools to assist in working together to ensure a common result
After the presentation of my findings to the Board, the CEO shared the following:
Johanne has an innate ability to bring out the best in all whom she touches. She practices what she preaches – patience, courage, generosity, wisdom and humility. Her contributions have positively impacted our Company and working environment and will result in increased profitability and shareholder value.
Source of the referral, the Chairman of the Board:
I knew from my past exposure to Johanne that she would do a professional, objective and constructive job. I was very pleased not only to see the thoroughness of the effort, but her ability to uncover not just the problems but equally important the accomplishments and strength and potential of the existing team. Her presentation led the Board to request her presence throughout the Board meeting to help guide us in our decisions.
Independent Director, Governance Committee:
Johanne is truly exceptional at what she does. I’ve worked with many consultants over the years, and what sets her apart is the combination of her right- and left-brain skills. She knows how to listen, catch unspoken cues, instill trust and openness, while also being focused on the substance of the issues, the complexities of the situation and challenges, and the business issues that have to get solved. She is direct and candid while also unusually sensitive. By applying these skills, she helped us analyze what was going on in our business, shed light on the core management and governance issues, and facilitated our discussions among the decision makers about the next steps to take. I would work with her again in a heartbeat.