Public Company in the Media Entertainment Market
At the request of the COO, I designed, planned, and led an Executive Boot Camp for 31 executives including the President, the CFO, and the GMs of five growing business units. The Boot Camp was designed as a 2-day offsite event:
- To create a highly collaborative environment for all executives to further coalesce as a team
- To help executives across five business units gain greater clarity about their collective skills
- To gain increased clarity regarding the company’s umbrella vision and the current strategic roadmap
- To identify new business opportunities
- To kick-off the annual budgeting and planning process
Why Was I Introduced?
One of the executives – the vice president of Product Development within one of the business units – had worked for me in 2001 when I was retained by the board of directors of a major high tech company as an agent for change in the role of interim chief marketing officer. The executive then introduced me to the COO of the current client:
Johanne’s results with the product and marketing teams were transformational, and I found her action and results-orientation, knowledge and intuition, and leadership inspiring.
This executive believed that I could bring significant value to the team by helping them achieve their potential, as I had challenged him to achieve over the years.
I met with 25 executives in New York, Florida, San Francisco, and Los Angeles in less than five days to collect their insights with the intent of making them an integral part of the meeting planning process. In less than five weeks the COO and I planned a rigorous meeting and led the Executive Boot Camp. We had an intense and highly-focused agenda comprised of a combination of general sessions and ten team break outs.
- All executives were very excited about being included as participants of the Boot Camp. All were fully engaged during the entire two days. They enjoyed getting to know each other better and appreciated how everybody’s contribution was enhanced.
- All left the meeting with the confidence of knowing their peers participated in and were aware of their individual business planning.
- The participants were motivated to act as they returned to lead their respective teams.
- The executives were energized and excited about the possibilities uncovered throughout the meeting.
- Participants were enthusiastic and impressed with the level of collaboration and communication that was made possible.
- There was unanimous consensus that the goal and objectives of the meeting were achieved and that it exceeded expectations.
- The executives were inspired to be part of this executive team.
- Participants were exhausted in a good way!
From the COO:
The meeting was fantastic. It was an undisputable success. The interaction was superior and beyond what anyone could have thought was possible. Everyone embraced you and your skills in ways that I have never seen before. I learned a lot about the process and it has been very meaningful. It illuminated me into focused actions. It galvanized the entire executive team across the five business units. Really exciting…
From the President:
Triumphant throw down!
From the GMs:
Johanne, the offsite was terrific and you did a fabulous job leading us through some very challenging tasks. I have great faith in our leadership team. I’m glad the learning and collaboration will continue.
Amazing meeting. Loved it.
From an Executive:
I’ve never attended this type of meeting before where there is so much substance on so many fronts in such a compact meeting. You kept us on our toes and certainly impacted our ability to listen and to create. This was superior quality work. I fell honored to have been included.
The Boot Camp continues to have a positive impact on everyone here.